Wednesday 30 April 2014

Letters Home That Don't Get Lost!

My first-grade daughter came home with this note the other day and I loved it.  Loved it for so many reasons, not the least of which was the fact that it was inviting me to a celebration, in honour of ME!, but truly because I thought it was just so darn clever. 

Apologies for the terrible phone photography, but it gives you an idea of what the letter looked like anyway!
It's a note from the child to the parent (and by the way, my daughter knew exactly what it said so whether her teacher read it through with the class in great detail or perhaps even solicited their opinions on writing it first I don't know, but in any case, she knew what it was all about) and she signed it herself.  What a great way to keep the kids accountable and involved in upcoming class events and communications.   We've received notes like this for field trips, her Valentines party and her Christmas party so I would think, with a little creative wording, you could write a note like this for almost any upcoming event.   In addition, she couldn't wait to get it out of her backpack that night and read it through to me (hey, that's gotta count for some after school reading doesn't it!?)

Thanks Mrs. Nelson!  You're always coming up with great ideas!

No comments :

Post a Comment